Tank Rebate Information
1. On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme (NSW, SA & ACT)
Rebates for on-farm water infrastructure expenses. Helping primary producers in drought-affected areas. $50 million over 3 years. Starting in 2018-19 financial year.
Access rebates State and territory governments will administer and deliver the rebates.
We are negotiating delivery arrangements with states and expect some of these to be finalised in early 2019.
- Farmers in NSW can apply for the rebate from 14 January 2019 via the NSW Rural Assistance Authority website.
- Farmers in SA can apply for the rebate from 8 February via the Primary Industries and Regions SA website.
- Farmers in the ACT can apply for the rebate from 24 January 2019 via the ACT Government Environment website.
We will advise arrangements for other states once they are announced. Meanwhile you can express your interest in this scheme by contacting your state or territory agriculture department.
Who can apply. You must be:
- a primary producer (as defined by your state or territory)
- a property owner, share farmer or lease holder
- in an area defined as drought affected (by your state or territory)
- in the grazing industry.
Eligible expenses. Your new infrastructure must:
- be for grazing livestock that you own (not agisted stock)
- be for a animal welfare need
- improve your drought resilience.
Your expenses must relate to:
- buying and installing
- water storage devices such as tanks and troughs associated with stock watering
- water pumps and associated electronic systems to manage water delivery
- desilting dams
- drilling new stock water bores and associated power supply such as generators.
Rebates will be 25 per cent of the costs for eligible expenses or up to a maximum amount agreed by the implementing state.
Your expenses must occur in the same financial year as your claim. Purchases must be after 30 June 2018.
Benefits Improving on-farm water supply will:
- address animal welfare needs
- help primary producers to be more resilient for future droughts
- increase productivity for primary producers
- mitigate degradation of natural watering points.
2. ROUS WATER REBATE
Am I eligible for a Rous Water Rebate?
To be eligible, the tank must meet the program Terms and Conditions including, but not limited to:
- The property is currently connected to the town water supply in the Ballina, Byron, Lismore and Richmond Valley local government areas.
- The rainwater tanks must be installed and completed, and paid for after 1 July 2017 until specified by Rous Water.
- For new homes and major renovations, any tank volume or internal connection required by BASIX will not be eligible for a rebate. Tank volumes or internal connections not required by BASIX may be eligible.
- The rainwater tank must have a minimum volume of 2,000 litres.
- Properties that have previously received rebates from Rous County Council may not be eligible.
Please ensure you read all of the program Terms and Conditions on the application form to ensure you are eligible.
How much is the rebate? Rous County Council offers three levels of rebate, based in the first instance on the tank volume. Additional rebates are available if rainwater from the tank is supplied for flushing toilets and/or to the washing machine. See tables below for details of the rebates offered.
For rainwater tanks purchased and installed ON or AFTER 1 July 2017
|Rebate Level||Tank Volume (litres)||Rebate|
|1||2,000 to 4,499||$200|
|2||4,500 to 8,999||$800|
|3||9,000 or more||$1,000|
|Plus||If all toilets are connected to the rainwater tank||$620|
|Plus||If washing machine is connected to the rainwater tank||$550|
How to apply for a Rous Water Rebate
To apply for the tank rebate, please complete the application form and send it to Rous County Council. Please ensure that you read the information carefully, fill in the application form fully and provide all requested information.
There are other rebates available so please contact us to find out more information.
or see the LINKS for further details about:
Rous Water Rebate
Kyogle Council Rebate
Byron Bay Shire Council
Nambucca Shire Council
Tamworth Regional Council
Lismore City Council Rebate
Clarence Valley Coucil Rebate