Tank Rebate Information
1. ROUS COUNTY COUNCIL REBATE
Am I eligible for a Rous County Council Rebate?
To be eligible, the tank must meet the program Terms and Conditions including, but not limited to:
- The property is currently connected to the town water supply in the Ballina, Byron, Lismore and Richmond Valley local government areas.
- The rainwater tanks must be installed and completed, and paid between 1 July 2020 - 30 June 2021.
- For new homes and major renovations, any tank volume or internal connection required by BASIX will not be eligible for a rebate. Tank volumes or internal connections not required by BASIX may be eligible.
- The rainwater tank must have a minimum volume of 2,000 litres.
- Properties that have previously received rebates from Rous County Council may not be eligible.
Please ensure you read all of the program Terms and Conditions on the application form to ensure you are eligible.
How much is the rebate? Rous County Council offers three levels of rebate, based in the first instance on the tank volume. Additional rebates are available if rainwater from the tank is supplied for flushing toilets and/or to the washing machine. See tables below for details of the rebates offered.
For rainwater tanks purchased and installed ON or AFTER 1 July 2020
|Rebate Level||Tank Volume (litres)||Rebate|
|1||2,000 to 4,499||$200|
|2||4,500 to 8,999||$800|
|3||9,000 or more||$1,000|
|Plus||If all toilets are connected to the rainwater tank||$620|
|Plus||If washing machine is connected to the rainwater tank||$550|
For more information on this rebate please visit www.rous.nsw.gov.au/rainwatertankrebates
2. On-farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate Scheme (NSW, SA & ACT)
This is still available until June 2021. For more information visit their website agriculture.gov.au.